Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Kinda Meaty

During the week I ordinarily don't cook too much for lunch. I'm pretty happy with fruit and yogurt and cottage cheese, some good veggies or something simple like that. In all honesty, I'm pretty sure I could live off of asparagus or broccoli.....and Oreos.

I make things like this during the weekends. I'm a BIG sandwich lunch person. You can't go wrong with sandwiches really.

Canadian Bacon, Bacon and Ham BBQ Sandwich

Ingredients:
Canadian Bacon
Cooked Bacon Slices
Ham Slices
Provolone Slices
Pickle slices
Sliced Onions cooked in a little butter for about 5 minutes until caramelized
BBQ Sauce
Texas toast or whatever thick bread you want to toast up. I just happened to have left over Texas toast from yesterday.

Butter one side of two pieces of bread and grill them in small pan until golden brown. Layer with BBQ sauce, Canadian Bacon, Bacon, Ham, Provolone Cheese, Pickle and onions. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Cut it half. (or leave it whole whatever your little heart desires!) and serve with fresh fruit. (Or whatever your little heart desires!) I now it's really simple, but that's what is all about right.... simply good food!!!

6 comments:

Alli said...

Can I say YUM!!! Sounds like a heavenly sandwich!

Sherrie said...

Oooh, that looks delicious!

Kathy said...

yea, I hear you with the sandwiches. They do hit the spot. Bacon is a rare treat in our house. This looks good.

Louise said...

I LOVE sandwiches, and this one looks scrumptious. Thanks for sharing your recipe Stacey.

ELK said...

what a treat, I think your sandwich looks yummy......

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Hmmmmm, I can almost smell the bacon from here. Looks delicious.