Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love Grows

Valentines day has come to mean something a little different to me. Instead of all the pressure that comes with the holiday. You know the kind..."do I get a gift, do I give a gift, will it be enough, will it be too much, chocolate, no chocolate, flowers, etc"... and normally, because there is so much pressure, it normally leads to hurt feelings or fights. Half the of world is really happy. The other half is not, which I'm totally over at this point in my life. Spend some time with me that day. Make me smile...I'm good to go. The rest is just frosting on the cake.

I like to make the whole week fun for my kiddo. A week of love. Love for everyone all around us.


So today we took a picture of the two of us. We don't have many of these. They are few and far between. He's really cooperative most of the time and as few have seen even gets a little jealous when the camera is pointed elsewhere (yes, I created a little monster... kinda, but he's so stinking cute!!!!) We both love chucks. The shoes that is. And these were taken today.


This was taken 3 years ago. Oh my...how love grows and grows and grows.

8 comments:

Lydia said...

These are beautiful photos! I remember feeling terribly proud of myself the day my head reached the waistband of my mom's jeans. It's a random cherished memory of mine...and it's wonderful for you to have a record of that growing-up moment!

Krista said...

These are precious!! I would have loved to have these type of pictures of my mom and I. Have a great week celebrating love1

Lee Ann said...

What are some of the fun things you are doing for Valentines week?

Beth said...

Super cute pics of you two!

Unknown said...

So cute! Have a great love week.

Melissa said...

Stacey I remember the first time I ever saw your work. Mpix forum and I think that was one of the images that blew me away my dear!!! Not to mention those cute shoes!!!

Lisa Walsh said...

LOVE the first shot! And the 2nd made me smile. Happy Valentine's Day!

Shannon said...

Aww I love chucks too! They are the best! No wonder I love you and your child so much. :) Happy Valentine's Day! <3