Thursday, November 22, 2007

Best Brownies on the Planet

November 22nd

"Families are like brownies..mostly sweet with a few nuts."

I know I promised this yesterday, but I can't seem to stay awake past six o'clock in the evening right now and I had to be dragged out of bed to unpack my suitcase just to repack my suitcase to leave for Thanksgiving break. To my family....I promise I will get back to normal soon.

I did end up cooking up that brownie batter I made and they turned out fabulous as usual. So I will share the recipe with you.

I know it's not the typical Thanksgiving type recipe....but what can I say, I never have been conventional at the right times. (though I am headed to the kitchen this eary a.m. to bake a pumpkin pie.)


These brownies, I must say, are mouth watering. But it's the frosting that really makes them.

So here goes........

Best Brownies on the Planet
2 cubes melted butter

2 cups sugar

1/4 to 1/2 cup of cocoa (I always use the latter if not more to make them ultra chocolately)

4 eggs

2 cups flour

2 teaspoons vanilla

some nuts if desired (again, I don't cook with nuts, so I never desire them)

Mix these ingredients in order given and put into regular pan used for cooking brownies.....whatever size you desire. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, but keep testing with a toothpick to make sure they are done. Sometimes they take longer.

Mouth Watering Frosting

1 Package cream cheese (I love cream cheese...I think it makes everything wonderful!!!!)

1 cube of butter (softened)

1 cup powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla (sometimes I use more though, I like to mix it up)

some cocoa (I don't want to put a specific amount, because it varies with my mood, so it might with yours too!!)

Mix together until creamy and smooth. Wait until brownies are cooled to frost. Cover the brownies when your done to lock in the moisture and keep them soft and delicious.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Have safe travels if your traveling. Try not to break any buttons on your trousers from eating too much.

1 comment:

Stacey J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.