Tuesday, August 31, 2010

N

We moved on to the letter "N" this past weekend. It was a super super simple meal with absolutely no actual cooking involved, with the exception of making the salsa earlier in the day. But we ate it in the middle of a hot summer day, before we proceeded to go about our fun activities for the afternoon.

For N we had:
Nachos (with homemade salsa, you can find the base recipe here)
Nectarines
Spiced Nuts (today it was chili lime and cracked pepper almonds)
Newtons
and then later in the day we had Nuttella Lattes and Hot Chocolate







I had never tried Nutella before. I didn't know what it was all about, but as soon as I found a latte idea using it, I was all over it. Nutella is basically hazelnut flavored chocolate. And the commercial with the woman spreading it on the toast, now really grosses me out. But, I'm not really into chocolate toast. Neither is my kiddo. In fact, he really despises chocolate....unless it's hot chocolate, which even then, some days he won't tolerate either.

To make the Latte:
Mix a tablespoon of Nutella with about a half a cup of coffee.
Then steam your milk and add it to the mix and top with froth.
Sprinkle with nutmeg.  Simple as can be!



2 comments:

Beth said...

I have loved Nutella ever since my first trip to Germany when I was 10. I have been eating it on my toast ever since!!!

Stacey J. said...

Really??!! I just feel like I would be smothering toast with hersheys! LOL. I'm going to have to try it now that I know someone actually does that!