Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So Long




Where did it go?  It was just a wink ago and it was May.  A blink was all it took this year...a blink and a warm breeze and there it went.


I know it's not technically the end of summer until later next month, but the first day of September always has signified the beginning of fall for me.....or maybe the beginning of Indian Summer, if we are lucky. It's the time of year when I want to watch all the brat pack movies because they are all about school and starting school. There is a line, talking of the love of fall that says "I would buy you a bouquet of sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address" ... I love that line. I want to use a thermos and a lunch box for all meals. I'm sure I will get over this happiness faze when the frost hits for weeks on end, and even then I'm mostly fine, until it snows....but until then I will bask in it.  

Song: Goodbye Summer, India Arie (One of my favorites!)

No comments: