Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gone Inside

When I look outside and see trees like this... trees holding snow in their branches, like I would in the palm of my hand, I go inside and close the door.

I wrap up in a blanket. Grab a book. Turn the fire on (because I'm cursed with a non-wood burning fireplace) Curl up in a chair. Book in one hand, hot chocolate in the other. Read.
For exactly thirty seconds.

Because I have a two year old.
And sometimes, 30 seconds, is enough.


And in case you are looking to make your own hot chocolate, here is the recipe I use. I have been making this recipe since I was in 5th grade. A teacher of my dad's gave it to him a gift with recipe attached (the one in the picture) , which I took with me when I left home. I never buy store bought hot chocolate.....
Also, I mix mine with milk, not water.



Happy sipping!

5 comments:

Krismisstree said...

You definitely get in your calcium for the day, Stacey!! That sounds delicious.

Beth said...

Ohhh! I love hot chocolate on these snowy days. I'll have to try our your recipe, it looks yummy!

Stacey J. said...

Lol, Kristen I don't think I'll have to worrry about rickety bones when I'm older I drink as much milk as Park does!

Jennifer Walsh said...

I most definitely need to make this hot chocolate. My kiddos can't seem to get enough this year.

Jennifer Walsh said...

I most definitely need to make this hot chocolate. My kiddos can't seem to get enough this year.