Monday, January 4, 2010

31





Well.. I have to say I'm completely relieved to be a year older today. Last year was a good year, but I am more than ready to move on.


This is the day of the year that I like to make lists. Not necessarily of goals, (well kinda) but things I would like to try to do. Ideas I would like to try. If I get them done, great, if not... then that's just fine as well. It's just a way of keeping myself busy and motivated to try new things!

Here's last years:

1. Move 2. Visit a new country 3. See a new state 4. Go to Elmo (the town) 5. Dance on a rooftop 6. photograph something beautiful by moonlight 7. Master knitting ..and pearling.8. Sew a garment 9. Publish something 10. Paint something hangable 11. Build something with wood. 12. ice skate 13. cook something extraordinary 14. help someone in need. 15. produce something from recycled materials. 16. Read three classics 17. Read three new authors. 18. photograph something extraordinary 19. Go to a "You pick" besides a pumpkin patch 20. Watch 2 classic movies I've never seen. 21. Let someone else take my photo. 22. Join a new club/group 23. Rollerskate 24. Get a library card and use it. 25. Make a quilt 26. Do something that makes my family proud. 27. See a field of flowers 28. Ski uneventfully 29. Sleep under the stars.


I got all but three of them accomplished...#19,#22 and #25 (quilting is time consuming!!!)


So this year, I am out to make a new list. And since I am no longer in denial that I actually am in my thirties... it will be a list of 31 things.

1. Take my child on a vacation. (Yes... I have avoided vacationing with my own kiddo)

2. Learn to use my metier saw.

3. Take photos of three strangers without getting overly embarrassed (street photography!)

4. Take portraits using street lights as available light (I know, that means taking my camera out past 6:00 at night!)

5. Visit a town in Wyoming that I have never visited.

6. Go on a driving road trip.

7. Have coffee at least once a month with a friend (time escapes me sometimes and this doesn't get to happen all that often)

8. Make a quilt. (Try this one more time)

9. Read a book a month. At least.

10. Go to a you pick (besides a pumpkin patch, also trying this one more time!)

11. Take pictures of family more than once this year.

12. Donate piece of clothing every time I buy something new.

13. Launch a place to sell photos.

14. Have Parker reading at least 10 words by the end of the year.

15. Visit 3 museums.

16. Take a pottery class.

17. Go sledding on a gigantic hill.

18. Cook a weeks worth of meals of things I've grown.

19. Can zucchini rings.

20. Make my own apple butter.

21. Take treats to someone I love once a month.

22. See a new state.

23. Go crabbing

24. Go clamming

25. Tip-toe through the tulips.

26. Swim in a lake. For more than 5 minutes.

27. Go to a planetarium

28. See a movie twice a month.

29. Do something athletic that does not pertain to the gym.

30. Make liquor.

31. Make a mural with photos. Teeny Tiny
Photos
.


3 comments:

Krismisstree said...

Happy birthday!

boywva said...

A very ambitious list!! I can help with the zucchini rings with ingredients if you need them. It seems like Kevin couldn't find pickling lime or red hots when he needed them so let me know a little ahead of time so it can go through snail mail. Aunt Barbara

Krista said...

A very inspiring list! I just may have to make up a list of my own!
Happy Birthday!!