Wednesday, January 27, 2010

ABC's

I'm beginning to think that learning the ABC's (not singing, but recognizing and putting letters together and learning the sounds, etc) is a lot like potty training.....where patience is a virtue and they will learn when they are ready. Slowly we are learning.

I have a friend in Canada that inspired me to put my letters together. I took these two years ago, and filed them away. Back in the day when car rides would put my kiddo to sleep. This was our car ride letter adventure. He, at that time, knew the alphabet song, and it isn't until now we are using these every day.

So, this is for my baby. For his room. To help. To spark creative juices. Because I love him so.








10 comments:

Tia said...

umm....Q?!?!

Stacey J. said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! it's R not Q that's missing!!!!! Wow, think I better learn them myself before I teach my son!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Stacey J. said...

Fixed!

Kara said...

I need to do my letters still- I have a secret friend at work that I really want to do a thing with her last name for their home- but I need some letters first. LOL! Love yours.

Stacey J. said...

You have a secret friend... she doesn't know you're her friend?

Kara said...

No, it's like Secret Santa- only we do it all year long! So we call it Secret Santa. In May, we have a gift exchange breakfast where we reveal who our giftee was. It's fun!

Sherrie said...

Awesome! Is this going to be on a bedroom wall or something? Fantastic! :)

kristen said...

stacey j and kara's conversation is making me laugh. stacey love the alphabet and can't wait to see the rest of the twins' pics

Louise said...

That's beautiful Stacey!!

Dominique Long said...

I started a project just like this! It's a work in progress...but seeing this makes me want to get up right now and look for letters!!! Great job!