Friday, January 1, 2010

Let the Wonders Begin!




Sometimes it's hard to find the time to reflect on the past year. It's hard when you are only excited about looking forward. Ready to move ahead. But, in all honesty, it's hard not to look back at an entire decade without reflecting a little.
Though I am keenly aware of how fast the time has slipped by, and how different my life has become in this last decade, I still take comfort in knowing I am the same person I always have been....though older, hopefully wiser and probably a little shorter.

I don't make New Years resolutions. I am one of those people. It's not that I don't believe in them, and when it comes to list making I consider myself to be a master. Resolutions are another story though. Everyone tends to have the same ones. Loose weight. Exercise. Feed the hungry. Spend more time with family. Get Healthy..etc, etc. Well, for me, those are things that are just a given. Those are things that need constant attention, not just a yearly brush up.

So, I will eat pasta and not feel guilty. Try to exercise the best I can. Some years I'm great at it, some years I really am not that good. I'll buy the clothes I want and drink the wine I drink. Because, that's me and I don't want to change those parts. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely things I want to work on. Moving slower. Not going through the motions. Telling people that they matter. Telling them I care. Being there to prove it. Helping make this world better for my son. Use the talents God has given me to make people happy. Put myself out there.


So with that....


Gently steel into the New Year and make life beautiful.

Song: Brand New Day, Van Morrison

No comments: