Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Never Say Never



Before I had a kiddo... there were a lot of things I was never going to say. Not necessarily things my mom said to me, but just things I could never hear myself saying


Over the last couple of days, I'm amazed at what comes out of my mouth and my kiddo's for that matter... for instance:

"Don't you talk to me in that tone of voice."

" Do you want to go to the circus this weekend? You should think about changing your attitude then."

"Don't you scoot around in those jeans.... go put on your after-school clothes."

"It's not your turn to talk."

"Stop being a Veliciraptor and eat your dinner."

"You have to take at least one more bite or you will shrink."


"You have to drink all your milk or your bones will break."

"Brush your teeth or they will fall out."

And my kiddo to his school director after a diatribe about some sort of dinosaur....
His teacher: "You know so much about dinosaurs. I bet you are going to be a dinosaur scientist."
Park: "You mean a paleontologist?"


He's so little, yet so old. I love it when he throws his head back and laughs and giggles. No matter how many times a day I have to argue with him, or tell him no, or tell him what to do, the laugh..... will always trump it. Please God, make time slow down.





Song: Never Say Never, The Fray

No comments: