Monday, June 30, 2008

Color Week

COLORS

My skin is kind of sort of brownish, pinkish, yellowish white.
My eyes are grayish, blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet.
And all the colors I am inside, have not been invented yet.
~Shel Silverstein


I adored Shel Siverstein when I was young. I thought he was insanely clever. I truly thought he was describing my eyes in this poem, (except for the orange part) because I truly don't have an eye color. The best way I've heard them described is sunflowers in the blueish green sky. (I thought that was clever as well.)...however, back to the point of the poem, I thought it would help me jump start the project Park and I are embarking on this week. It's not a big one or terribly complicated. But it's educational and fun, and I'm taking pictures and Park is helping find the colors!

Color week. A color a day. In the order of the rainbow of course, because that's how I roll. Orderly in a non orderly way. Join me if you like. In your head if you want, you don't have to have a camera. Notice all the things for the color of that day. It's amazing when you start looking. It makes you notice ugly things in a non ugly way.

Today was RED. We played simple today. Stayed close to home. Which was fun in itself. I love red. It's probably one of my favorite colors...




Red glasses, red list, red toile cup of green tea, in the red room.

Our mode of transportation from the day....or his, I'm just the chauffeur, to him and 60 of his stuffed animals.

Awesomely funky redish-orangey shoes.

A most important little red monster that inhabits my house.

2 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

Great idea! What a cute picture of him and Elmo!

Beth said...

I like the picture of the peppermints, you can almost hear the wrappers crinkling.