Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yellow Mellon

"What is that" you're probably asking yourself. Well, it's a Canary Mellon. "A Canary Mellon? What is a Canary Mellon?" Well.... I have absolutely no idea. "What do you do with a Canary Mellon?" Well.....I have absolutely no idea. But after I tasted it, (which it is very similar to a honey dew and really very soft and sweet and juicy) I decided the best thing to do with it was to make a yogurt shake out of it. With pineapple. And yogurt. And Milk. And Ice. It's like a tropical vacation in a glass.


And even if I wasn't taking pictures of it, I would have still garnished it like this. Because lets face it...it's so much more realistic to imagine I'm in a hammock in Mexico when it looks like this. And some days, I like to pretend like that. And yes, in the summer I keep fresh pineapple around too.

It tasted very tropically fabulous for a second. Then I got the eyes from the baby. The "please mama I need to drink every last drop of that and I know you will let me because it doesn't resemble a cookie at all and I'll look more pathetic every second you make me stand here and wait" look. So...with a sigh. (the mama sigh)...I handed it over. So much for my imaginary tropical vacation. He told me it was good though.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love the contrast in the first picture! Where did you find that gorgeous blue background?

Stacey J. said...

It's just blue paper. I shot at a really low aperture so it doesn't look so much like paper. It's part of the fruit project.