Monday, March 23, 2009

It's a Bones on the Face Kind

We've been going through a little stage in my house lately. The dino stage. All dinosaur, all day. Every day is dino day. And being a girl I'm a little behind with the proper names and species of dinosaurs. Don't get me wrong, I kinda liked learning about them and I remember distinctly when a dig crew brought in a woolly mammoth leg to my 4th grade classroom, but dinosaurs were never a priority to me ......until now. But the names.....oh the names. My little one will bring one to me and sweetly ask "mommy, what's hims kind?" and I will return, all knowingly "it's a triggo-rama-roara-saurus", and then I will run and Google what it really is. Though, it is really fun to make up names. Park loves to make up words, so this is fun to him too sometimes.

Wyoming is a great place to be interested in Dinosaurs. There are murals in several little towns. There are several museums dedicated to just this subject. It doesn't hurt that a good portion of our state used to be under water and is a landmine for artifacts. There are a lot of great places to visit and there are all kinds of dinosaur digs going on....and I learned this weekend that there is one that kiddos can be involved in as well!

We visited the Wyoming Dinosaur Center this weekend. I'm pretty sure you're not suppose to take pictures, but I managed to sneak a couple. I couldn't resist.









7 comments:

Krismisstree said...

The hat is the clincher!! I love it!

Martha/Marti said...

Love them! The next to last one is the best! He is glowing!

Kara said...

LOVE that he has a dino hat to wear to the dino museum! Too cute!!

Stacey J. said...

Thanks guys!!! He actually got the hat and scarf at the museum, which I'm glad because it's blizzarding today. He came out with an armload. I can never resist when he's really into something, neither can the grandparents, or the museum lady who sent him home with a bad full of stegasarus bones. (real ones!)

Becky Gregory Photography said...

How cute is that hat? What a great outing!

Louise said...

Great shots Stacey. I love the second last shot. The colors are stunning.

Christene said...

Those are gorgeous murals! I love the hat too. He looks like he a blast. What great captures!