Tuesday, March 17, 2009

O My, The Leprechauns Must Be Rich!

About 6 years ago, I made my first trip over seas. To Ireland. I visited countless Castles. I kissed the most unsanitary rock in the world at the top of one, with a complete stranger holding me so I wouldn't slip to my death...just to say I did, and then admired the rolling country side immediately after as if I wasn't scared at all. I rode in the passenger seat on the wrong side of the car holding on for dear life, with my feet on the dash for 7 days. (no I didn't drive, it was a stick shift, and after so many years of "not getting it" and near death experiences, I wasn't about to try there, in the land of roundabouts) I bought wool sweaters. Rugby jersey's. I drank beer, whiskey and Bailey's and coffee with every meal (it was vacation!) I came home with a stuffed sheep named Bunratty, which my puppy immediately took ownership of. (they are together forever now in the mountains)

Needless to say, Ireland holds a special place for me...therefore St. Patty's is always a big celebration here. (That and I'm a wee bit Irish, and I feel like I owe it to my Grandfather, the tall dark haired irishman, to make it special!)

Today we woke to find the leprechauns had made the milk green ( I had a co-worker years ago tell me about this, and I saved it in the back of my brain until Park came along!) and we danced an Irish jig (which I cannot do well.... but I like to think I can!) I went to work with a tattoo of a clover on my arm.

When we came home, the leprechauns came again...and left treasure. "O' my, the leprechauns must be rich" my baby said. Then we made green milk shakes. And since I didn't have time to make this....I just make an Irish milk shake. The Bailey's flavored ice cream covered in whiskey whipped cream kind. It was fantastic!

May love and laughter light your days! Happy St. Patty's Day!







4 comments:

Kara said...

Yum!

I am seriously going back to Ireland over St. Patrick's day again. It's now been 11 years since I got to go there to be IN the St. Patrick's Day parade, and St. Patrick's Day has not been the same since. What a totally AWESOME experience. When you go back, I want to come with you. :) I've always told Josh I'm going to bring him there sometime.

And yes- kissing the Blarney Stone is a must. :)

And Brecken had green milk today too! He thought it was hysterical!

Lisa Walsh said...

And here we just had corned beef and cabbage, lol! You always do everything right...that's what I love about reading your blog. :)

Lisa Walsh said...

Uh...that was me and not Aiden. I started a blog for him the other day and now blogger can't tell us apart!

-Lisa

Misty Jones Photography said...

Too cute!!! That last picture makes me thirsty!! :)