Monday, March 30, 2009

Sushi For Kids

Or as my little one likes to call it...schlushi *giggle* giggle*... he thinks the name is really really funny. I found this little idea a while back and decided to try it today. It's pretty simple and of course it's super messy so of course kiddos love it! Well the rice crispy marshmallow part anyway. (Mine lost interest after that because it involves cutting, and I wouldn't let him do that part.)

Here's what you do. Mix 1/4 cup of butter with 4 cups of marshmallows. Melt and stir until creamy. Add 6 cups of rice crispies. Lay wax paper out on a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray. then spray your hands with cooking spray. Dump out all the mixed up rice crispies and then mash down. It will only cover about half of the sheet. Let it cool for a minute.



Then you can add these beauties or gummy worms if you can't find these. Lay one or two down and then make a log out of the rice crispies. (you can make 2 or three of them). Cut the log in slices.
Then wrap them with fruit by the foot, or fruit roll-ups if you can't find these. And viola! There you have sushi, er um schlushi for kiddos! Give them some chopsticks to eat it with. (It makes me feel better about my chopstick skills when I watch my 3 year old try to use them!)

6 comments:

Krista said...

What a fun idea! I don't have kiddos but I just may have to try it anyway!

Louise said...

I love this!!

Kara said...

Fun! I'll have to try this while we are home for break this week!

I love your quote of the day- it's one of my favorite things to hear Brecken say!

Jane Bingham said...

Oooooooohhhhh, what fun!!! I love this. Thanks for sharing.

jamiekoppi said...

I will certainly be trying these out!

Jeannie Reeves said...

"This is the most colorful fun project.. and sounds so yummy too...