Monday, March 1, 2010

Gone Bananas: Monkey Hat and Snack to Match

A few weeks ago I was checking out some baby photos of a fellow photographer and saw this little t-shirt. The monkey shirt. I HAD to have it. I searched and searched and searched. Found it and despite a little sticker shock, I got it.

After all, it matched Howard. The monkey I made when he was a baby.

When it arrived... my first thought..I could make this. My second thought. It needs a little something. Something extra.

So I went in search of Rockford Red Heel Socks (the original sock monkey socks, which can be found here at Murdochs or various places online)



It was actually a pretty easy process. Cut them just below the heel, and then cut them in half. Sew those two halves together. Then round the top off. Add a little nubby thing to the top and voila! There you have it... a sock monkey hat.








And what do little monkeys need to eat?..... bananas of course!


When I was in Thailand I had one of the easiest, yet most delicous desserts. It wasn't something that I would have ever thought of, but now love. I didn't have a name...(that I can remember) except banana-a-delicious!
Two simple ingredients: Coconut milk and sweetened condensed milk. Mix them up, heat it up and pour it over bananas. (though, while I was there, it was served to us more like a soup, but that's a little too much for an every day snack!) MMMMM!!!! So easy, yet so yummy!!!!!






Song: Banana Boat, Harry Belefonte (since it's his Birthday today!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...you are making my tummy very hungry for some bananas and coconut milk!! You also make the money hat sound so easy, but I am certain I would never be able to figure it out!!

Stacey J. said...

Definately not hard!

Unknown said...

LOVE the sock monkey shirt! I have a beloved sock monkey too, named Sir JoJo.. can't wait to pass him on one day!
I am going to the grocery store tomorrow to get ingredients for that banana snack... it looks amazing!