Thursday, June 10, 2010

Can we get a "C"?


Today, I rushed home to make the greatest coffee cake in existence.

It turned out badly.
At least that's what I thought.
However, it's gone, and I didn't eat any of it.

So, if you haven't guessed it, it's the day of "C"....

So for supper we had:
Chipotle Citrus Chicken
(Which I marinated in a pre-bought chipotle sauce for about 8 hours)
Lemon Basil Carrots
Cheddar Bisquits
Cantaloupe
Coffee Cake


To Make the Lemon Basil Carrots:
1/2 bag of Carrots, chopped in half times two.
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and and bake in the oven at 425 degree for about 30-45 minutes, until cooked but still firm (your preference)

2 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

I'm a chipotle addict this year, and that chicken looks wonderful! Recipe?

Stacey J. said...

Lisa, I didn't make a "special" sauce for it, (but coming up with a great chipotle sauce is definately on my list!!!) I just bought a sauce at the store (it was a citrus chipotle) stuck it in a bag and marinated it for about 8 hours. Then grilled it. LOVED it. Sorry it wasn't more exciting!!!