Sunday, June 20, 2010

"D"

One of the reasons I want to do a project like this with my little bird is to get him involved with me. Hopefully get him to like cooking. I want him to take this with him when he leaves and use it and remember everything familiar and everything new that we try. When I left home, and was truly on my own, I was clueless. I had NO IDEA how to cook. Luckily, thank the lord, someone taught me how to cook chicken a chicken breast, otherwise I probably would have starved as I didn't and still don't really eat fast food. I don't want him to be clueless.

Last week we had "D" day. We at the main dish before I got a photo. We were all starved

Here's what was on the menu
Dill White Sauce Pasta (YUM!!)
Deviled Eggs
Devil Squares
Doritos
Dots
and Dates


Here's the trick with Deviled Eggs:
Mix the yolks with miracle whip (I'm not a mayo girl)
Mustard (brown or spicy)
and a little pickle juice
BAM...there is the key ingredient. pickle juice. (thanks to Uncle Tevi for that trick)

Devil Squares (one of only about 3 recipes that I use from my mother and my childhood)
1 Box Devils Food Cake
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Egg
1 Container of marshmallow Cream
3/4 cup Peanut Butter
Soften butter and mix together with devils food cake mix. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Mix one egg with remaining cake mix and press into the bottom of pan.
Mix together jar of marshmallow cream with peanut butter. Layer on top of cake mixture. Sprinkle with crumbs set aside earlier. Bake at 350 for about a half hour.




And dates... well. They are like GIANT raisins. Park loved em'.

No comments: