Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Howard

Since it is nearly impossible to buy a sock monkey in this day in age, I took it upon myself to make one. Let me tell you something.......I have a new found respect for the people who work at Mattell. I would like to shake the hand of the person who meticulously pieced together my son's ragety Elmo he drags around with him. Santa's elves also deserve kuddos for all the work they do as well. Also, I'm really glad I didn't go into the medical field, I don't think people would appreciate the shapes I would concoct with their stitches. Anyway, I thought to myself, "how hard could it be?"......5 hours later, as I was sewing on the last little ear, I thought a little differently. This poor little monkey has lopsided ears, he'll never be able to hear properly. No nostrils in which to breath from (because I forgot them.) His arms are freakishly built....and looks as if he could win a stongman contest. We collectively decided to name him Howard. (actually Parker really wanted to name him Elmo, but I talked him into Howard instead)

Just in case you feel the need to waste an afternoon...here's directions on how to make them.

http://lennytaylor.freeyellow.com/Monkey.htm They are made of Rockford socks, which you can buy online as well. Craft stores also sell the kits.



1 comment:

Kara said...

WOW, Stacey! I love Howard! Awesome job!


And I'm still laughing about Parker wanting to name him Elmo. :)