Sunday, February 3, 2008

Listen to the Music

For nearly ten years now I've been listening to this guy sing. He's one of those people that understands the incredible power of music. He understands the tingling that goes down your spine when you hear that one song. The song that the words or melody or bass line turns your world upside down and inside out and makes you loose yourself in it. He understands the power of art, whatever it may be, and embraces it and encourages it. He sings with conviction. He sings with his eyes shut and his heart open. He makes tie dye cool.
Last night he sang his last gig. I danced until the wee hours of the morning. I sang along to almost all the songs because I've heard all the sets before. I cried when he announced the last song. Thanks W. for all the wonderful music.




PS...if you're reading this, I'm still not afraid.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Love that second picture! I too, am sad that I won't be hearing him sing anymore- not that I was going to anyway, having moved from the area, but now I REALLY won't get to!