Thursday, March 6, 2008

I spent the last couple of days in and around my old stomping grounds. I wouldn't really call it my hometown as I didn't live there all that long and I've always kind of thought of myself as somewhat of a vagabond.

I laid in bed this morning for a couple hours just waiting for the sun to make its appearance and then quietly tip-toed out of the house for a drive, dressed in sweatpants, my moms garden clogs, my leather bomber from 8th grade and a scrunchie in my hair. I inevitably forget to pack the right things when traveling sometimes. Thank goodness it was 6:00 in the morning and fashion statements aren't too important at that time of day.
I spotted an old beaten shed and wanted to take its portrait, but the sun was being uncooperative....and I got this instead. It seems lonely to me. But I liked it anyway.


2 comments:

Holly said...

It's a beautiful picture. So peaceful.

Stacey J. said...

Thank you Holly. I think it's peaceful too.