Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mastering Textures

This is yet another tulip photo I took this afternoon. Since they aren't growing outside yet, they are growing in my house. I really liked the way the picture turned out. Simple. Clean. Elegant. My kind of photo. And then I discovered texturing.
I downloaded this fee macro, up-close and personal photo of an old wall.




I layered over the photo of the tulip and decreased its opacity so you could hardly see it. Then I erased out the important part of the tulip.....and viola..........the more artsy version. Pretty cool. Learned something new. I still like the first one better though. I been experimenting with my banner up top...that is a wall as well. The last couple have been oil paintings.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

i like the layered one alot.. very nice.