Sunday, March 9, 2008

Still

I still play a little volleyball from time to time. For the last couple years I have played on a coed team in the spring with my brother-in-law. I had a tournament yesterday. (I was hoping to get some actions shots, but ended up playing more than I expected.) I have to say that sports are a little bit different as you get older. Don't get me wrong, there is still a big rush and I still love it, but it's definitely different.

1. I never played with boys when I was younger. Which leads me to my next point....

2. I never was clocked in the back of the head, stepped on, or collided with a boy when I was younger. (you have to face it....boys are just not quite as graceful (in general) at this sport as girls are.)

3. My bones, muscles, head and generally speaking every inch of my body never ached at the end of the day when I was younger, or did I come home with quite as many bumps and bruises...and if it did I must have thought they were cool......I no longer think bumps, bruises and muscle aches are cool.

4. I never got to celebrate at the end of the day with a good bottle of wine when I was younger.

5. It doesn't really affect my life one way or the other if we win or loose....it's pretty fun either way!

No comments: