Monday, March 31, 2008

Stuffed Artichoke

My intention was to post this a few days ago, (when I actually made it), but it just didn't get done as I came down with a wicked case of the stomach flu. Honestly looking at and getting up close and personal with photos of food wasn't a very good idea for me.

As it is pear season, it is also coming on artichoke season. Soon, instead of paying almost $5 for just one, you will be able to get ten of them for $10. Holy crammolie...what do you do with ten artichokes? Well, for me, much like soup, I could live off them for months at a time and never tire of them. My brother would call these "yuppie food" and of course call me, his adorable little sister, a yuppie for eating them. If you know me at all....growing up I lived on Spagettios and Captain Crunch and artichokes were in the book of things I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. But now that I'm older and more cultured...(no snickering out there), I've come to adore these weird pine cone looking things.

Well here is one way to enjoy them. Stuff em'. It's not hard. Gives them a little extra oomph. Personally, I really, truly love them steamed and to dip them in butter, but this is a little different.

Combine about 1/2 cup -3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs, 1/2-3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 2 cloves minced garlic and seasonings of your choice. Cut the tips of the artichoke and then stuff mixture in between leaves. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the top. Steam for about 30-45 minutes....then enjoy!!

3 comments:

Kara said...

YUM. I'm drooling over here! I LOVE artichokes. Like you, my favorite is steamed and dipped in butter, but I'm totally going to try this recipe out!!!

Kara said...

Oh, and PS- I hope you are feeling better now!

Stacey J. said...

Thanks Kara~ I'm on the mend.