Friday, March 7, 2008

Paper Art

After seeing some of the work exhibited by this Danish artist in Washington DC at the Hirshorn Modern Art Gallery, (link at the bottom, and it says art contest, but actually they were done by only one artist, Peter Callesen.) I was completely blown away by his creativity and was immediately inspired to come home and try a simple one. Just to see if I could do it. So here is what I came up with. I don't really have the right tools and all I used was an exacto knife. I'd really like to try a more difficult one. More like the traditional German Scherenschnitte. It's much more difficult though I think.
http://www.csl.sri.com/users/mwfong/One_Sheet_of_Paper/

1 comment:

Kara said...

You're joking- you MADE that? Out of an EXACTO KNIFE!? Girl, you have way more patience than I do. I think it's fantastic and I think you're crazy for thinking it wasn't hard enough!!!