Monday, March 10, 2008

Week 10: Cropping

I tricked these little daffodils into blooming in my house. I planted them a few weeks ago and here they are. Normally they like to sit in the ground for ages, but these got sunlight and love and popped right up. I first attempted this photo with a bright red background ( a camisole I was wearing today) and they posted horribly, but were much more colorful. Then I tried just white...hated them. So in my closet I found a blouse not quite as bright as the first red one and here is what they came out like. Still a little funky, but they will do. I think everyone knows the basics of cropping. I'm a big fan of the side crop...it's pretty apparent in my photography. But......

I'm also a HUGE fan of the square crop. Same picture, different crop, completely different look.

No comments: