Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Annual Garden Party

I never spent much time in the garden growing up. In fact, I don't recall even having a garden. (I'm sure I will get a phone call about that fact later) So, I guess harvesting wasn't a big part of my childhood. Now, well, it's my favorite time of year. Harvest time. Autumn. I know I droll on and on about how I love the summer...but really, my most beloved time of year is the fall. Even though it just a for warning to winter, it's still nearest to my heart as far as seasons are concerned. Gardening in the fall also makes me feel closer to my farmer family roots. It's just a little taste of what both of my families did for lively hood. No, I don't have to go out and milk a cow at 4:00 in the morning, nor do I have to plow 1000 acres of beets, but I do get to pick 5 square feet of carrots, which just makes me feel the itty bitty-est farmer like.

I had a little help this year. He can hold quite a lot.... it's nice to have a human basket following me around and carry it back to the house. I could get used to that!

(certain uncles out there...don't get any ideas about the carrots, they're mine.)




PS if you type in "garden party" in the search blog area, you can see what our garden party looked like last year.

5 comments:

boywva said...

I typed in "garden party" and couldn't believe how much Parker has grown this year. It sounds like you two have a great time together. Aunt Barbara

Lisa Walsh said...

Parker looks so stinkin' cute in that last photo!

Stacey J. said...

I know Barb, he's grown sooo much this year. He's a bonafide little boy!!! We do have a great time together.
Thanks lisa, I think he's pretty cute too.

Kara said...

Holy moly, how he's grown! You don't realize it when you see them, but looking back, wow!! Does he still get super excited about cow noises? :)

Misty Jones Photography said...

Stacey these are fantastic! Love the expressions and the colors!!!