Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lil' Pumpkin Onesie


Sometimes, often actually, I get little whims to make something. Anything. Be creative in a Martha Stewart kind of way. This was my whim today. There are babies popping up all around me right now and I spend a fair share of time around babies so this was the perfect project. All it takes is little scraps of quilting felt, Wonder Under and embroidery floss. I drew out my little design and traced it onto Wonder Under paper (you can find it at any sewing shop or hobby shop) ironed them to the felt and then cut out the little pieces. I ironed them on and then blanket stitched around them. You can learn how to blanket stitch here. I actually learned how to do that stitch from my best friends mom a few years ago while I was visiting her house in Nebraska. She's an accomplished quilter and her sewing room is like a wonderland!
You could embroider anything on it if you want. I have a more of a primitive style and keep it simple.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Sometimes you are creative in a Martha Stewart kinda way??? You are Martha Stewart!

Stacey J. said...

LOL, thanks Beth!

Stacey J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.