Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Heart Farmers Market

There's something wonderful I've found on Saturday mornings in the fall. Farmers Market. I always go really early (because I'm awake and normally rearing to go then and because not many people are there and it's serene and quiet) Since we live close to Colorado, the greenies bring their produce up and we have a really nice assortment of vendors. It's smells wonderful. A mix of homemade bread and roasting peppers and hot drinks. It smells like fall. Someone is normally playing a guitar on the corner. I've seen painters oiling up canvas to paint the scene. I would love just to sit all morning and listen and maybe read a book or drink my coffee or sketch it all out whilst everyone mingles and barters around me. Alas...I don't normally have the time.




And to make up for stealing my carrots... these were a gift from the thief. All is forgiven now! They were grown in a mold from a farm in Wheatland.



I just mixed in a little balsamic vinegar and white wine vinegar with dry ranch dip mix. Threw in some sour cream and a little parsley. Viola. Love-like cucumbers.

4 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Those cucumbers are amazing. Did they taste good too?

Stacey J. said...

They sure did!!!

Lisa Walsh said...

Cute cukes! :)

Beth said...

I love the heart cucumbers! So cute!