Friday, July 30, 2010

Embrace

I went to the behind the chutes tour this year for the CFD festivities. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in learning all about the different rides the cowboys make with these bulls and horses. I will completely admit that I'm a really bad listener during tours. I'm mainly there for pictures, and looking, and discovering. Taking in the way the sun is hitting the horses. 

In the past few days I've had a couple people express to me how much they would adore having a horse. It makes me a little sad in a way. I always had horses. My mom was one of those girls who dreamed of having horses her whole life. Her dad would never let her have her own, despite living on a cattle working farm. When my parents married, that was the first thing my dad bought her. A palomino horse named Comanche. He was beautiful. He lived until I was in elementary school. I on the other hand... don't mind horses, but they have the upper hand in the relationship, and to be honest, I've always been a little afraid of them. At least riding.  I've never been one of those girls to dream of having a pony. As I get older though, I'm trying to embrace the country life a little bit more. Trying. 





Since my pregnancy I've not been able to listen to country music much, lost my loving feeling for it. However, I still love this one.

3 comments:

Louise said...

These are amazing shots!!

Unknown said...

Kevin told me I should check out your blog. He's right! You have an amazing talent!!! These pictures (and all that I have looked at thus far) are AMAZING!!!

Jules said...

Love the pic of Parker and Kevin!