Monday, July 19, 2010

G

If you are just joining... my baby and I are cooking through the alphabet this summer. Me cooking mostly. Him practicing his writing as we cook.

Last week I had a hard time planning my meals....or at least the ones I had planned, didn't come out as planned.

Regardless, for the letter "G" meal we had
Gingered Pepper Steak Over Rice (which I didn't fall in love with... very salty)
Garlic Bread (the super duper cheesy kind which was eaten before I could get a photo)
Green Bean Casserole (which the recipe can be found on the side of a french onion can... I just add cheese)
and Granola over Yogurt.

But not just any granola... Peanut Butter Crack Granola. I say that because it's pretty addicting. Every single person that tasted it LOVED IT!!!

I found in over at PW Tasty Kitchen. I urge people to check that site out. I love it.

And here is the recipe for the Granola! Perfect thing for the little ones to help with. Seriously Easy

Ingredients:
3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
½ cups Chunky Peanut Butter
3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
½ cups Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Honey


Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350.
In a big mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients together, except the honey. The peanut butter and sugar will clump together – just break up the clumps with a spoon. I always leave a few, though – they taste amazing. Not all of the oats will look like they have any peanut butter flavor, but trust me, once it’s done baking you’ll have some heavenly PB granola. ( I also added about 3/4 cup of peanut butter chips to mine) YUM!!!
Spread out the mixture onto a cookie sheet and bake for up to twenty minutes. After the first ten minutes, toss the granola so it bakes evenly. Drizzle the honey on top of the mixture at this time (I just eyeball the amount of honey), then put back in the oven for the remaining 10 minutes. Make sure to let the granola cool completely before storing in the fridge. (I didn't store my in the fridge)




2 comments:

Sherrie said...

What a great idea (the cooking through the alphabet thing)! And I love the pottery bowl - it's gorgeous. Enjoy!

Stacey J. said...

Sherrie the bowl is from south Korea. I got it last fall on my trip to Thailand.