Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"I" scream, you scream.

So I didn't make any ground rules for the whole cooking through the alphabet project, so I decided to move into other languages for our food. Number one: because "I" is a really hard letter and it was a little difficult to find a main dish and I didn't have a whole lot of time to prepare. Number two: We have A HUGE garden full of fresh lettuce and things that needed to be eaten.

So out we went to pick our dinner. Lettuce, spinach, radishes, tomatoes, chives, basil, onions.
I also added some kalamata olives and feta. For the sauce (thanks to my friends who served me this on cucumbers and tomatoes) I just mixed olive oil and lemon juice with a little bit of salt and pepper. It was fantastic!!!













We also had Italian Sodas. One of my favorite drinks from my childhood. Only mine were Kiwi and Coconut instead of Vanilla (my baby is a vanilla king!)
Italian Soda:
Club Soda
Whipping Cream
Flavoring
You can use each of these with your tastes in mind. Some people like them quite a bit more sweet than I do.






We also had Strawberry Ice Cream (Homemade!!!!) which was fantastic!!!


1 comment:

Krista said...

I love that you are cooking through the alphabet...such a cool idea. I think you need to make a book of all the creative things you do with your boy and then when I have children I will have it at hand! PS. I love that song!