Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Challenge

Since I know there are quite a few photographers out there reading this and a few wanting to learn about photography, I would like to introduce a challenge to you. I'm a firm believer that practice makes perfect and the one way to become a better photographer is to photograph things outside of your box, and photograph something.....anything......almost everyday. I find it really hard to step out of that box (the portrait box) and photograph other things...abstract things, and make them look good. Below is a list of weekly photgraphy themes, I found this on a random blog connected to a site called twopeas.com. I only glanced at the site and it's for scrapbooking people. (I'm not much of a scrapbooker). I thought this was a great idea to get myself out of that box and I'm extending the invitation to others.
Of course for the first theme I had to use my favorite, most uncooperative subject....and I really didn't get out of my box that much.....hmmm.


1 HATS OFF TO THE NEW YEAR

2 FOCUS INTO 2008

3 PHOTOSHOP (EXAMPLE: BEFORE AND AFTER, TECHNIQUES)

4 WORDS

5 VERTICALVS HORIZONTAL

6 APERTURE

7 LOVE (HAPPY VALENTINES DAY)

8 SHAPES

9 INTERACTION

10 CROPPING

11 ANIMALS

12 THE COLOR GREEN (IN HONOR OF ST PATRICKS DAY)

13 FAITH (HAPPY EASTER)

14 SPRING
15 NATURAL LIGHT

16 GUESS THIS (IS AN APPLE OR A TOMATO?)

17 CHILDREN

18 WATER

19 IMPORTANT WOMEN IN OUR LIVES (HAPPY MOTHERS DAY)

20 CATCHLIGHTS

21 HAPPINESS

22 FLOWERS

23 USING FLASH

24 IMPORTANT MEN IN OUR LIVES (HAPPY FATHERS DAY)

25 WINDOWS

26 SUMMER

27 PATRIOTIC (JULY 4TH CELEBRATIONS)

28 RULE OF THIRDS

29 LANDSCAPES

30 NATURE

31 SUNFLARE

32 BLACK AND WHITE VS COLOR

33 REFLECTIONS

34 LINES

35 FAMILY

36 SHUTTER SPEED

37 VEHICLES

38 ARCHITECTURE

39 SHADOWS

40 AUTUMN

41 PANNING

42 PATHWAYS

43 GRAVEYARDS

44 HALLOWEEN

45 ANGLES

46 YOUR CHOICE

47 ON THE ROAD

48 WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?

49 PORTRAITS

50 FOOD

51 WINTER

52 CHRISTMAS

No comments: