Sunday, January 27, 2008

Shawna's Zucchinni Bread




I got this recipe from a friend of mine....and little did she know how much I love zucchini bread. These two loaves were gone at mine house in less than a day. I know, I know, we were hungry sugar monsters this past weekend. I want you to admire the beautiful chocolate chips in the moist beautiful bread. It's making your mouth water isn't it? After she sent me this recipe she asked....is "Pay it Forward" from the movie?....my response "Yes...have you seen it?" It the occurred to me that not everyone would know what "Pay It Forward" was.

"Pay It Forward" was a movie from about 8 years ago that little Haley Joel Osmont played in. About the same time he was seeing dead people. I'm one of those people that cry uncontrollably at movies. I used to try to hold it it as to not be embarrassed or to embarrass the poor soul sitting next to me...but I just can't do it anymore. I cry. I cry rivers at sad movies. Anyhoo...the movie is about a little boy who starts a movement to help other people. He helps three people do something big and those three people help three other people and so on and so on. Here is the full synopsis: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0223897/

Anyway..enough about sappy movies. On to the good stuff. Thank you so much Shawna for the Zucchini Bread recipe!!! I don't normally put chocolate chips in with bread, so thanks for making me see the light....it makes it FANTASTIC!!

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

This recipe makes 2 loaves
3 Eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 to 2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 package (6 ounces) miniature chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Beat together eggs, sugar and oil
3. Add zucchini and remaining ingredients, mixing well
4. Bake in well greased loaf pans for 1 hour

No comments: