Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bringing Nature In

The last few days, here on the prairie, have been unseasonable warm. So, what do you do on an unseasonably warm day.... collect pine cones and random outside artifacts with your favorite shaggy haired little boy to bring inside and decorate your home. I'm big on decorating for any holiday, but in the last few years have gone the more "natural" route. Instead of cute figurines, I bring in pretty dried things from outside. Makes it more interesting. And lets face it....when you can make something for free or close to it and it looks great.... it means more.

Today we used leaves, pine cones, corn husks (that were laying in my poor abandoned garden) and cranberries (which were on sale at the super market that is within walking distance from my house, which was giving away free cake today......never know what luck you will run into on a random Wednesday around here!) It'll be perfect for Thanksgiving guests to see as they walk in the door next week.









3 comments:

Lee Ann said...

I was wondering what type/brand is your camera? Since I lost mine I am researching what type, kind, etc to get. Just thought I would ask the pro. :)I love the cranberry, pine cone, corn husk garland, a very nice touch for Thanksgiving.

Stacey J. said...

It's a Canon...is there any other kind :) (Just kidding Nikon users!) There are some really really great point and shoots out there right now, and they just came out with a new entry level SLR that has great reviews.

I love the garland too! It was a really fun project!

Jeannie Reeves said...

thats beautiful.. I have pine cones all over my yard.. what a great idea.