Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mountain Adventures

I always have had a fresh Christmas tree in my house. I have fond memories of cutting them down with my family when I was growing up and freezing in the cold while trudging through the mountain snow trying to find the perfect one. That's the thing about mountain trees....they are never perfect, but they are special because of the effort it took to get them. I also remember driving a blue station wagon to get them. My family wasn't too much of far cry from the Grizzwalds. We even lost our tree once on the way home.

I've been buying trees off the lots for a few years now as it has been difficult to get out there with such a tiny little guy or with a big fat belly. Just wasn't plausible. But this year was the year. However, taking a nearly three year old trudging through the snow proved to be a daunting task. Fun though. Lets just say, he and I weren't much help in the actual process as we spent most of out time examining other things.


He was carried most of the way, because even though he had 42 layers of clothing on, the snow was scary to walk in. Once he did get down and walk, it was mesorizing to him.

Mostly because it tasted so good.

He just couldn't get enough.
He must have eaten half the snow on the mountain.

And when he was done he admired the sounds around him.

But decided that snow eating was much more fun.



2 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

He's the spitting image of The Youngest in those pictures, who, at 6, still eats snow.

We cut our tree down every year and it's the best place with a little cabin and they serve you hot chocolate and coffee and cookies...it's the type of place I bet you'd totally love. There's nothing better than cutting down your own tree!

Thanks for this post, BTW, it really made me smile!

Melissa said...

Stacey, these are beautiful!! absolutly stunning. I wish we got snow like that here.
~melissa!