Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Raspberries

I love it when on a random Wednesday my daddy drops by my office with surprises. I won't lie... I love presents! He brought me 10 pounds of raspberries and blackberries. Just when the gloomy leafless trees are starting to get me down a bit, he reminds me there is still color in the world. Beautiful red and dark amethyst berry-licious colors.

So I decided I couldn't be the only one who gets to enjoy the colors and tastes. And I happen to know someone that turned 30 today. I spread the love of berries and offered up my condolences by surprising the newly 30 year old with White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse. (I of course had to keep enough for a photo...and maybe a little for later. )

So thanks dad for starting the chain of love!

White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse

1 ten ounce package of raspberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons orange liqueur
1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
6 ounces white chocolate
1 drop red food coloring

Process berries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain mixture into a small bowl and discard seeds (I skipped the straining part)
In heavy saucepan on low heat, warm 1/4 of the cream and the white chocolate. stirring constantly until chocolate melts. Let mixture cool until lukewarm and then add 1 tablespoon of raspberry sauce and food coloring.
In large bowl whip remaining cream until it forms soft peaks and then add melted chocolate mixture until there are no streaks.
Serve in parfait dishes and top with sauce.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the treat and helping make my otherwise dreaded day so very special!

Stacey J. said...

you're most welcome..my pleasure!!!

Sherrie said...

Anything with that much whipping cream and raspberries has to be heavenly!