Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Runner Up

So what do you do when you have three quarters of a bag of fresh ruby colored cranberries? Pop em' like M&M's? Probably not. I had never eaten a whole cranberry before today (uncooked) and I was taken a back. Extraordinarily sour. Well, I decided to figure out how to make cranberry sauce, since Thanksgiving is coming just around the bend, and it is a staple of most Thanksgiving meals. However, being the eccentric I am..... I really prefer the jelly cranberries over anything homemade. I mean the jelly ones with no whole cranberries in them that slide out of the can and leave the little rings around them. It's pretty much the only thing I ate at Thanksgiving up until the age of 25. This however, as my son put it...."it's delicious mommy, you gotta try it." (He's my little guinea pig sometimes and to my dismay, he used the word "delicious" .....a two year old. As I sat at the table, enjoying my cranberries, he looks at me and said, also to my dismay "Did you have just one more bite mommy?.....Good job!" )
Cranberry sauce is insanely easy to make. 3 ingredients. That's all.
So if you are interested in something a little different next Thursday at the table, that will make your house smell scrumptious, make these.
Maple Cranberry Sauce
1 1/2 cups maple syrup
1/3 cup water
1bag fresh cranberries
Mix ingredients together and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once cranberries start to pop bring down the heat and simmer (covered) for about 15 minutes. remove from heat, let cool and then serve.

No comments: