Friday, November 28, 2008

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! (and for those non-American readers, a wonderful 27th of November!) It was, as usual, mass chaos at my house. We fed both sides of our family and had a hoot of a time. Food was overflowing and even though it was afternoon before it was all done, it was worth the wait.... because it was fabulous!!! I didn't get the chance to photograph all the food to post the recipes, but I promise, next year I will be more proactive about that. I can tell you that a turkey brine makes all the difference in the taste of a turkey. That you can cut a pumpkin with a hack saw if you need to. That draining water from the pot beneath the mashed potatoes is always pretty important and that seeing people that I love devour food was worth all the work.

In the spirit of the day, we wore these. We collected the feathers this summer while narrowly escaping goose attacks. My kiddo knows how to make them look good too!

I also started a book of thanks this year. For those that wanted, you could write in the book of what you are thankful for. This way I'll be able to go back and remember what we were doing, who we were with and where we were at each Thanksgiving.








No comments: