Friday, September 18, 2009

Brandied Peaches

It's just about the end of peach season. Or maybe the peach season has already ended. Or maybe it's just beginning. I'm not really sure, as we are not in prime peach growing areas here on the prairie. All I know is that this time of year is the time when the farmers market is full of fresh beautiful peaches.

I only buy a few at a time as I like them fresh as opposed to canned.

I also found the perfect dishes to eat my peaches from while I was in South Carolina at the crazy antique store. They are milk glass and I got set of two of them, though I wished they had more. As I grow older I'm finding I'm more attracted to plain simple colors for dishes...that way I can spice them up with whatever I cook!!!!!

So here's what I cooked. Brandied peaches. It's the most simple thing ever and in the early fall days, peaches that are all liqueured up are the best treat in the crisp evenings. (I never have to worry about my baby wanting any as the only thing he truly likes for dessert is vanilla ice cream.)





Here's what you do:


(for 4 servings)


4 Peaches sliced and set aside

2 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons brown sugar

2 jiggers peach brandy

1 dash of cinnamon

1 dash of nutmeg

1 dash of imitation vanilla


Melt butter and brown over medium heat. Add sliced peaches. Cover in brandy. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla and cook for about 4-5 minutes, just until peaches turn a little soft, but not overly so.


Spoon over ice cream or eat alone. MMMMMM.

No comments: