Sunday, August 3, 2008

Annual Sale

Almost every summer we have a garage sale. I'm a collector of things but picky about not having a cluttered house. I know it's weird. God really didn't make up his mind when he made me....being arty and creative doesn't normally coincide with OCD, but it does for me. The two sides are always at battle.
We organized and priced and tagged. Well I did.... my son had other plans. He put himself up for sale. Ultimately he ended up with only one tag left, the one that said "make offer"....I probably would have tagged him as priceless but they don't make that sticker.
We slept in a tent in the front yard that night just to make sure none of our junk was stolen. I mean it would have been devastating not to get that fifty cents I was asking for the potholder from 1975 my mom had let me borrow for a while.
I threw a couple of snap pops on the driveway in the morning just to give the early morning shoppers some excitement and the neighbors didn't even notice the toilet seat (which I would have tagged as priceless if they would just make one that said that) we had added to their garage sale in the middle of the night. Garage sale day is always fun around here.


4 comments:

Kara said...

You're right- he is priceless!!

We're good for clothes, BTW... how does football jerseys from UW sound?!?!

Stacey J. said...

Football jerseys are fine with me if they are fine with you!

Anonymous said...

I'd buy him!!!! It has been so neat to watch him grow up!
I am loving your blog- with all of the beautiful photos and yummy recipes!

Stacey J. said...

Thanks Binger~ thanks for stopping by!!!