Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Late August Glow

There's always a glow in late August that wraps itself around everything. It's warm and it tries to hold on for as long as it can, but every now and again a little hint of fall brushes the back of your neck. Especially in the evenings. This time of year always seems to bring change. Natural most of the time. Sometimes not so natural. I remember this same kind of glow when I growing up. It meant slowing down, becoming excited for school. (Yes, I was a nerd who got excited about school) When I got older, I remember it when I would leave the gym from a hard practice. Muscles aching. I remember it coming through my window as I packed for college and again looking out the window of the dorm at my new found freedom. I remember it warming my first home. I remember......
Today I made a new memory. The late August sun shone through my little boy's hair, which at this time is the exact same color as mine. The day passed slowly in a fast way. Just like a late August day does. We caught grasshoppers. That's what he wanted to do. Mind you I haven't caught grasshoppers since that one time when my brother and I went set off to catch them for fishing and one jumped in my mouth. That was that...no more grasshopper catching for me....until today. I held one in my hand after stalking it for a little while. It tickled my fingers and squirmed. It crawled onto my finger to which I held up to my son. He screamed and giggled and ran away. A minute later he asked to get another.
Ahhh... how I love the late August glow.


4 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

Beautiful light in these!

Stacey J. said...

I'm in love with lighting like this right now. It's so warm and calming.

Shawna said...

beautiful

Stacey said...

I love these pictures! The light is amazing. Very beautiful.