Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Rode Big Red

Ironically so, I grew up around horses. I don't own cowboy boots. I don't attend rodeos, though I'm smack dab in the middle of cowboy country. I just became very indifferent to them as a child. It's probably all because of that one time when I got bit by a little rascal of a horse when I was about 9 years old. Made me mad. That was that.We were no longer friends. As an adult I've become almost afraid of them. I love animals. Love to watch them. But when it comes to riding them and telling them what do to, I know in the end a horse will have the upper hand. I haven't been on a horse in 20 years. Today I rode one. My parents were so proud. My son rode a horse today for the first time as well. His was about 10 times smaller than mine and I secretly wished I could have ridden that one instead because I knew the fall wouldn't hurt as bad. I made it out alive. It wasn't so bad. Maybe I'll try it again someday.... in 20 or so years.
By the way, for those that know the heel clad, skirt wearing girly girl.... this is what I look like when I jump out of bed, and jump on a horse in the same shirt I wore to sleep in the night before.

1 comment:

Lisa Walsh said...

What a gorgeous horse! I absolutely LOVE horseback riding but haven't done it in years. :(