Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Complicated Pie

This recipe is probably the easiest pie I have ever made. Which is why I'm going to give it a complicated name, the kind of name I hate, but think this deserves: cream-cheese-Oreo pudding-milk-whipped cream-with chocolate-shaved-bunny ears pie.
Bunny Ears??????
Yes, bunny ears. I save the chocolate I don't let my son scarf for Easter. (don't get me wrong, he gets to scarf, but there is normally kind of a limit) I freeze it and use it for things like this. Yes it is still good. Freezing preserves chocolate for a very long time.
Here's what you do.
Mix a pack of cream cheese with 1/2 cup of milk until it's smooth. Add the box of Oreo pudding (you can actually use any kind, but this kind just called to me since I don't have enough self control to keep Oreos in my house, I have to buy the pudding instead and make things like this and take to someone else to eat) with another 1 1/2 cups of milk. Mix until creamy. Put it in a graham cracker crust. Whip up some whipped cream with heavy whipping cream and a little powdered sugar (can you tell by now that I have a thing about homemade whipped cream) or you can buy the cool whip and throw it on there. Grate a little bunny ear or other baking chocolate of your choice and cool for just a little bit. MMMMMMM. See....easy as pie!!!

4 comments:

JAKTH said...

Yummy!!! I should try it but I will probably eat the whole pie myself.

Stacey J. said...

It's okay if you eat it all by yourself.... you deserve it!!

Kara said...

Here's a solution, Annie... you eat half and then I'll come eat the other half. :)

JAKTH said...

Thanks Kara come on over! Then I won't feel so bad when I go to the doctors and I have gained ten pounds in three weeks. If I eat the whole pie I might end up delivering a 9 pound baby. No thanks