Friday, June 19, 2009

Another

My son and I took a long soda run yesterday. We drove through the unusually green rolling hills of the prairie where the land stretches as far as you can see and runs into blue cloud strewn skies. We drove past yellow fields. Fields, which in all my years, I've never seen them yellow. You see....my little town has been on water restrictions for 6 years. This spring it's been raining since May 5th. (yes, I've been counting!) So, we feel like we're living in Seattle without the perks of all the good coffee and music. Yesterday it stopped long enough for us to go for a drive.
To see all the beauty of the country.
To stop at a little place and have coffee and ice cream with cherries on top.
To visit with my mom in the park
.
.
.

.
.
.

To pick this little cottonball up from the Laramie Peak Humane Society in Douglas.
Welcome to the family little girl!

6 comments:

Beth said...

Another doggie? How exciting! Dogs are the best!

Kara said...

Aww, what's this one's name??

Stacey J. said...

Her name is Cocoa. She's a shitzu. Arney is a shitz-poo. They have matching little curly tails. She looks like a huge cottonball (but going to get beautified at the groomers next week) and she has the sweetest personality I've seen in a little dog. I'm soooo lucky with both my sweet dogs.
Definately need a little bigger house now!

Stacey J. said...

oops...it's coco, not cocoa!

Louise said...

Awww, she's cute!!

Anonymous said...

aawww!!! she is a lucky doggy to have such a wonderful family! She is beautiful!