Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cloud Like Frosting

So, last night after typing the words "fluffy white frosting"...it was all I could think about. I'm not really a frosting person unless it's chalk full of cream cheese. I've tried several other types of frosting. None of it really appeals to me. I tried making butter-cream frosting a couple years ago. After I made it and found out how much butter is really in butter cream frosting... I couldn't eat it.
But no, last night... I wanted cloud like frosting. I needed a fluffy white cloud to just melt in my mouth and a good cupcake to go with it.

Now at 9:00 at night I was tired. So..I went with the box cake. But instead of using oil in it I used my rhubarb that I boiled down a couple weeks ago. And let me tell you... talk about a fluffy dream in your mouth!!!!! I don't know what it did to that cake mix, but it made it amazingly fluffy and moist.

Next I turned to find the perfect white frosting. So I typed in "Fluffy White Frosting" into my google search and I found it!!!!! It's perfect. And it does taste like a sweet cloud.


So here goes:

Cloud Like Frosting

1/2 cup of water
1 1/2 table spoons light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (You can substitute whatever flavoring you want)

Place water, corn syrup, sugar, cream of tartar and salt in heavy saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.

Mix egg whites until they begin to shape. slowly add syrup . Keep mixing for 5 minutes until frosting stands in stiff peaks and is glossy.






Also.... I love to make him laugh with frosting or batter. I like to make a big ol' mess.


I also like to check his eye coordination!


4 comments:

Louise said...

That looks heavenly!! I honestly don't know how you do the things you do. You're so creative and fun!! Parker is one lucky guy. :)

JAKTH said...

I am going to seriously have to try this. I hate making frosting so will try. I think I'll try the rhubarb in the cake too.

Stacey J. said...

LOL...Louise, I drink a lot of coffee, and honestly I'm really tired a lot, but it's all worth being tired. I can sleep when he goes to college...maybe!

Annie~ do try this, it's completely awesome!!!

Becky Gregory Photography said...

Soooo cute!