Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Natural Painting

What do you do on a rainy day in June when hail is pounding your roof and starting to pile up like snow outside? (which I later found out had only hit a square mile of the town that included my street... spring weather is CRAZY!)

Pull out the beets.

And paint with them!!!!!




I boiled beets, lettuce, onion skins, coffee and blackberries (all in separate pots) and strained their juice into bowls. I handed the paint brushes over to the little tyke and let him at it. He painted while I held the blow dryer over it as much of the water seemed to run off faster than I wanted it to.

I also used a canvas that was made for all mediums...including water color.


This was the most awesome project!!! Plus he got to jump in the tub directly after...which is his favorite place to play!!



7 comments:

Krista said...

That's a great idea and a great piece of art!!

Louise said...

Wow, what crazy weather!

That is an awesome painting! What a handsome artist. :)

Sherrie said...

What a fantastic project! Thanks so much for sharing it. It's added to my ever-expanding list! :)

Beth said...

Love the art piece! Sounds like fun. We didn't have hail???

Stacey J. said...

See Beth... I told it was just the streets on this side of town! I have pictures, it was probably at least an inch deep on the grass!

Sherrie said...

Me again - might I just say that I love all of your crafty projects? Also, I'm wondering if you know the particular brand or type of canvas you used, i.e. what do I ask for at the store so I don't look ridiculous? ;) Thanks for the great ideas!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! What makes it even more special is that you guys have a great memory attached to the art.
My grandma used to do this kind of thing with us, before she got old and grouchy, lol!