Thursday, October 15, 2009

It Doesn't Matter

The other night my son came to me and hugged me. He kissed me on the cheek. Then he stood there quietly for a moment.


"Mom?" he said...."does it matter?"
"Does what matter?" I answered
"Does it matter if you're pretty?"
"What do you think?" I asked.
He stood for a minute.
"No.... it doesn't matter at all."

He ran off.....
He came back.

"Even if it doesn't matter... you're still beautiful."

Be still my heart. My kid makes me feel like a rock star everyday!







8 comments:

Kara said...

Love the new 'do!!

D. said...

That is the sweetest thing to have said... made me sigh a bit.
I wanted to let you know that I am inspired by the words under your picture/profile notes (Author Unkown). I am moved by them and glad you have them noted. I enjoy sayings and have some listed on my side bar. When I redo my site I want a whole page of them. Anywho... I am rambling but just felt inspired to comment for the first time on you blog and I have been following for a while now.
Take care.

Stacey J. said...

d.
while I debating the whole photographing other people this, I worried so much that others would expect things from me. that I wouldn't be able to live up to that. Then I read this. My attitude changed that day. I shoot in a way that makes ME happy. Ever evolving, but my way. People were much more responsive to that.

Kara~ Thanks!!!!

Louise said...

Wow, that just melts my heart!!

Gorgeous pics Stacey!

Lisa Walsh said...

Are those self-portraits? They're fab! (BTW, thanks for the snow.)

Susan Berlien said...

Great photos! Compliments from kids mean so much because you know they are sincere!

Amy Benzenhafer said...

Little boys always say the sweetest things.

And you are beautiful!

Dominique Long said...

What a sweet and honest thing for your son to say! You're gorgeous :)