Monday, October 26, 2009

Jerk Broccoli


I came across this recipe by accident. I love accidents, at least when it comes to tasteful cooking!!! I added the key ingredient by chance and came to absolutely love it. I've served it over and over again to all kinds of different people, and everyone seems to like it... so I will share. I picked up my spices when I was traveling so I had to make sure you are able to get them on the net...and of course, the good ol' Internet pulled through for me!!!

Chili and Jerk Baked Broccoli

Ingredients:
1 head of fresh broccoli
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup of olive oil
1/2 tablespoon of chili powder
1/2- 3/4 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning (You can find it here)

Chop the broccoli into desired chunks. In large bowl mix together olive oil, chili powder, jerk seasoning and garlic. Throw in the broccoli and toss until each piece is coated. Let marinate for 10-15 minutes. Lay out on baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 30-40 minutes until broccoli is tender but not completely soft.




1 comment:

Tara said...

I made this tonight with dinner and it was fantastic. Thanks! I love all the great ideas you have on your blog.