Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Latte

I'm pretty much in heaven. I found these on Tasty Kitchen on Friday and I've already made three batches. These hit the spot, especially on days like today. Days where the sun hides and the colors are muted outside. Days where a warm pair of socks, a blanket, a book and the fire call to me.


Here's how to make your day warm!!!

2 cups Milk (your Choice - Skim, 1%, 2%, Whole, Soy, Etc.)
2 Tablespoons Canned Pumpkin Puree
1 Tablespoon Sugar Or Sugar Substitute (I used 1 1/2)
2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
½ teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
¼ cups Espresso (1-2 Shots) OR 2/3 Cup Very Strong Coffee
Preparation Instructions:
In a saucepan, combine milk, pumpkin and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds until foamy. If you don’t have a blender, don’t worry about it. Just whisk the mixture really well with a wire whisk. (or you can use the magic bullet...I have frothy coffee thanks to this baby every single morning!!! )
Pour into a large mug or two mugs. Add the espresso on top.
Optional: Top with whipped cream and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, or cinnamon on top.

For a printable recipe click
here....

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Holy yum, yum, YUM! I just bought two cans of pumpkin yesterday! :)

Holly said...

Oh yummy. I love getting pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks.

Stacey J. said...

Sherrie and Holly... they may not be starbucks, but they are the closest thing to it. I LOVE THEM!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmy!!!

Christene said...

Stacey, I'm trying to find your email address on here and can't seem to find it! Our squadron is putting together a coffee basket for a silent auction to benefit the Wings over America scholarship fund and I'm putting together recipe cards to include in the basket. I was hoping to use a few of your images on recipe cards and wanted to see if that would be ok with you. Will you email me at christene@csphotopro.com and let me know? There were a few of the muffin and cake ones from prior posts that I wanted to use also. Thx!!